Trumpeter 1/32 F/A-18E Super Hornet "Pukin' Dogs"

Dudes, post your WIP's in here.
This forum is visible to the world.

Moderators: Dasphule, Godfather

Forum rules
Modeling discussions, new products, models your're working on.
Finished models now go on The Aurora Chair forum.

Re: Trumpeter 1/32 F/A-18E Super Hornet "Pukin' Dogs"

Postby Dasphule » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:59 am

Thanks Tom. Here's a couple of shots of her with the underwing stuff attached. Wanted to give them one last test fit before I flat coat the whole shebang. Sumbitch is big, that's for sure!

This one is loaded in "goofy gas" configuration. Apparently it was a common load out for CAS in Afghanistan and Iraq. The left tank is removed and replaced with a GBU-31 (2000lb) or other weaponry. What I read is that it's done this way so the ATFLIR pod has an unimpeded view when turning into the pattern. The outer most pylons are removed as well, and apparently are rarely put on any F-18E's.Glad I fixed them! :roll: Center line and right inboard stations are tanks (480gal each). Outermost on each wing is a GBU-12 Paveway II (500lbs each) laser guided bomb. The ATFLIR pod is on the left cheek station, the right station is left empty. Wingtips on mine are AIM-9X, but AIM-120 or a mixture of the two can be carried on these stations. Considering it'll carry about 34000 lbs of stuff, this loadout seems light to me, but I'm sure it has to do with the fuel situation and staying around long enough to use the weapons after the long flight in from the carrier.

And no, they aren't crooked. All the stations are slanted outward.
Attachments
DSCN2667.JPG
DSCN2668.JPG
Put this in your mouth.
Dasphule

Previous

Return to Harvey's Workshop