1/48 Tamiya F-16CJ 5thAF CC's jet

Dudes, post your WIP's in here.
This forum is visible to the world.

Moderators: Dasphule, Godfather

Forum rules
Modeling discussions, new products, models your're working on.
Finished models now go on The Aurora Chair forum.

1/48 Tamiya F-16CJ 5thAF CC's jet

Postby JonintheRedZ28 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 am

Been working on it a lot lately. Just finished the wash, really wish i'd sparked and put the wash down before the decals, had to peel off some to clean ink that bled under clear decals, and the one seal by the samurai on the starboard face of the vertical stab just disintegrated on me so it looks terrible but don't have extras of it, snapped off the end of the samurai's sword, several pieces of the WW flashes that will need to be touched in with a close grey to seal off the neutral grey of the tail so it won't show between letter chunks. Decided since i kept having problems with decals coming back off or breaking I decided to do the wash before the maintenance stencils (good idea for me since the few stencils i had already laid down are now screwed up and I can't get the tilted "no step/walkway" to lift off at all now to turn it, and the "no" on the other one vanished during cleaning up the ink, so i squiggled a little paint on there like i did to repair the 5th AF comet on the port side of the tail. Still turning out better than my Eagle did, I haven'y even had the heart to start fixing the mud hen yet
Also, all the differential greys on the lower fuselage isn't actually a different grey, it's spots where i touched up after future where i managed to damage the light ghost grey
Also the radome and stab are not glued so that is why they're on in some pics and not in others
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Other side of tail, the photogenic side
image.jpg
image.jpg
Tried painting a point on the sword, not terribly happy with it but not a whole lot i can do. Also notice the seal for the command, it's a mess on that side
image.jpg
I swear, I had something for this
JonintheRedZ28

Re: 1/48 Tamiya F-16CJ 5thAF CC's jet

Postby The Mad Klingon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:48 am

Coolness - I look forward to seeing it at an upcoming show!
Secretary of Art, Education and Chocolate Starfishes.
The Mad Klingon

Re: 1/48 Tamiya F-16CJ 5thAF CC's jet

Postby JonintheRedZ28 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Got the decals on the airframe laid, totally screwed up and forgot the armament before mounting to rails so gonna have to paint the stripes on and hope i can fit down all the lettering-excepting the HARMs, after how the insignia white sprayed onto the gear doors, I decided to use vallejo glossy white to finish the white parts i was painting so the HARMs need spraying still, and glued the radome which led to another snapped pitot tube off the nose
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I swear, I had something for this
JonintheRedZ28

Return to Harvey's Workshop