Academy 1/32 F-16C "Blizzard Bad Guy"

Can you handle fair and unbiased opinions of your work? Great! Post it here. No? Then please don't. No ass-kissers here. If your model rocks you will know it and if there is room for improvement we'll suggest a technique to improve the model.
This forum is visible to the world.

Moderators: Dasphule, Godfather

Forum rules
Rules are you can't bitch about someone's opinion of your build, you have to take the criticism for what it is and then it's up to you to decide whether or not to fix your mistakes. ANYONE can post their work for review. And please, no more "nice work" and "sweet job" comments. You KNOW there's something wrong with it, TELL ME so I can fix it.

Academy 1/32 F-16C "Blizzard Bad Guy"

Postby Dasphule » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 am

This one was a cakewalk as I've grown quite familiar with building 1/32 F-16's! Basically it had to be backdated to a block 32 from the kit block 40. Small intake, P&W engine, Black Box cockpit, etc. I also had to scratchbuild a ACMI pod for the wingtip. It also needs a ALQ-188 pod, but so far I haven't acquired one for it.

Anyway, after shoehorning and beating the Black Box cockpit into the hull the rest was easy. She's painted in my usual Testors Model Master paints with Tamiyas for detailing. The ACMI pod was made by cutting up an old Hasagawa AIM-9L and reshaping it. Flat coating was my last using Humbrol flat, the shit just turns white too often for me. Besides, it smells horrible! Sorry Mark, but the Gunze flat is my new go to flat coat.

I haven't had a chance to take better pics of her but I will soon; these shots just suck. There is no green anywhere on this plane, it's all greys and blues! It won a second at Regionals last month, won't get dick at Nationals I'd wager. We'll see...
Attachments
DSCN2649.JPG
DSCN2648.JPG
DSCN2646.JPG
DSCN2645.JPG
DSCN2644.JPG
Put this in your mouth.
Dasphule

Return to The Aurora Chair