1/100 RXF-91C Silhouette Gundam Kai Custom

Can you handle fair and unbiased opinions of your work? Great! Post it here. No? Then please don't. No ass-kissers here. If your model rocks you will know it and if there is room for improvement we'll suggest a technique to improve the model.
This forum is visible to the world.

Moderators: Dasphule, Godfather

Forum rules
Rules are you can't bitch about someone's opinion of your build, you have to take the criticism for what it is and then it's up to you to decide whether or not to fix your mistakes. ANYONE can post their work for review. And please, no more "nice work" and "sweet job" comments. You KNOW there's something wrong with it, TELL ME so I can fix it.

1/100 RXF-91C Silhouette Gundam Kai Custom

Postby JonintheRedZ28 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Totally randomly decided to paint this apparently instead of working on the Zeta I have still yet to paint correctly. Model masters, alclads and vallejos were all used in the painting of this model. The gold overspray, I like, it makes me think of an anti-beam coating and since these F90/F91 variant gundams power their VSBRs and thrusters off their fusion plants I felt like using anti-beam coating would make sense to extend the life of the nozzles. Idk I just thought it looked cool to me.
The shield beam is the only part I may not be done with, I may make up some additional contrasts in the "I-field" again trying to make my shield visually dynamic. I must admit I did not put any effort into planning this scheme, and I was rather apprehensive while reassembling the gundam but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I swear, I had something for this
JonintheRedZ28

Re: 1/100 RXF-91C Silhouette Gundam Kai Custom

Postby Godfather » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Not bad. :)

You need more practice with masking though, young Padawan.
"Hang on everybody, we're going to plaid!"
Godfather

Re: 1/100 RXF-91C Silhouette Gundam Kai Custom

Postby JonintheRedZ28 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Godfather wrote:Not bad. :)

You need more practice with masking though, young Padawan.

Actually I didn't mask anything at all on it. I sprayed the basecoat and hand-detailed all the little bits, specifically because I need more practice at it.
I swear, I had something for this
JonintheRedZ28

Return to The Aurora Chair